Sunday, April 3, 2011

Prayer For Busy Moms

     Most moms are busy, whether working moms or stay at home moms. Like me, I am a working and a breastfeeding mom. The one problem I have being a mom of a four-year old and a four-month old is time. There are so many things I have to do. Yet, lack the time to do those things. One of these things is prayer. It is in prayer where I find strength and stability. And the lack of time to pray makes me frustrated at times. Yes, I can do it while doing something but the concentration is difficult. I am just thankful I bought a year ago a booklet entitled Scipture Confessions for Moms. The best time for me to read this is while breastfeeding my baby. Here is one prayer.

Becoming the Mother God Says I Am
I choose to glorify God in my role as a mother. I choose to live a godly life before my children. I am disciplined concerning my priorities as a mother. I manage my time in an effective and efficient manner. I am sensitive to the needs of my children. I have God's wisdom and discernment concerning how all my decisions affect their lives.
 I am loving, caring, and compassionate toward my children. I keep my cool during times of stress and do not become frustrated and lose my temper. If I do something that is wrong or offensive, I am quick to repent and make things right. Because I live a spirit-controlled life, I am peaceful, consistent and faithful. I walk in love at all times, and I am quick to provide encouragement and inspiration to my family. I refuse to criticize, condemn or complain to or about my kids. I will be honest and truthful and live my life with integrity. When faced with the need to discipline my children, I will do so without anger. I will reference God's Word as their standard of conduct.
 I will be steadfast and resolute regarding my convictions and will do my best to model the life of a godly mother before my kids. I will be faithful to pray for my children. With the help of the Holy Spirit I will do my best to mentor and instruct them in the truth and principles of God's Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment